About this Policy
This policy sets out how Mantic Engineering Pty Ltd collects, uses and discloses your personal information.
By accessing or using the Mantic Clutch website, you agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
Mantic Clutch and privacy
Mantic Clutch is bound by the Privacy Act (1988).
What personal information is collected?
Mantic Clutch collects personal information to assist it and its related bodies corporate to conduct their activities and provide the range of services they offer.
Personal information collected by Mantic Clutch may include:
- identification details, which may include name, birth date, gender, security questions and answers.
- contact information which may include email address and mobile phone number
- bank account and credit account details.
- user IDs and passwords.
- services provided to you, including saved items and searches
- business information, such as ABN and licence number.
- information submitted in applying for or requesting a finance or insurance related product.
- information about the devices on which you visit the Mantic Clutch website, and your activities on that and associated sites.
- third party account details (for example where you sign in through a social network).
- social profile information.
- records and content of communications with Mantic Clutch or any other person including records and content using Communications Services (as that term is defined in Mantic Clutch’ Terms and Conditions of Use). Please note that such records and content may be stored and scanned by Mantic Clutch. and
- information obtained as a result of your use of our mobile website or application such as geo-locations and unique device identifiers.
How is personal information collected?
Mantic Clutchcollects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you when you provide information directly to Mantic Clutchin person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise) for example when you purchase an item on one of our websites; or in a contract with your business to provide you with our products or services.
- directly from you when you communicate with Mantic Clutch or any other person using Mantic Clutch Communications Services.
- from third parties such as:
- Mantic Clutch’ related companies; resellers of Mantic Clutch services and service providers to Mantic Clutch.
- operators of linked or served web sites, applications and advertising on the Mantic Clutch’ website and associated sites.
- social networks where you choose to share that information when creating an account.
- third party data providers who have been directed by you to send us information on your behalf.
- through use of Mantic Clutch’ proprietary software in which personal information is stored.
- from organisations identified or described under the heading "How is personal information disclosed.
How is personal information used?
Your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- to maintain appropriate business records.
- to research, develop, improve and use within Mantic Clutch products and services and by its outsourced service providers to provide and improve their services.
- to pre-populate / customise / provide shortcuts on our websites.
- to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with Mantic Clutch services.
- to generate statistics in relation to Mantic Clutch.
- for the purposes of feedback, reviews and ratings.
- to promote and market special offers and other services to you (if you do not want to receive these, please let us know by clicking here).
- for purposes connected with the operation of the Mantic Clutch website.
- for staff training and quality assurance.
- to personalise the site experience and / or the advertising you see when you visit the Mantic Clutch website or other associated websites.
- to contact winners of trade promotions run by Mantic Clutch
How is personal information disclosed?
Mantic Clutch may disclose personal information to individuals and organisations other than Mantic Clutch. The organisations to which we may disclose personal information include:
- Mantic Clutch’ staff and Mantic Clutch’ related bodies corporate and their staff
- the public if you advertise with Mantic Clutch or use publicly available Communications Services
- individuals and organisations that advertise with Mantic Clutch if you acquire any products or certain services through Mantic Clutch - depending on your purchase these may include.
- Clutch fitting service providers.
- transportation service providers.
- payment services providers.
- outsourced service providers who assist any of the above persons to provide services.
If you do not want Mantic Clutch to disclose your personal information to these individuals and organisations, you should not submit your personal information on the Mantic Clutch website or acquire those products or services.
- outsourced service providers who assist Mantic Clutch to provide its services including:
- information technology providers.
- marketing and market research advisers; and
- professional advisers; and
- payment platforms.
- entities to whom you request we send your information.
- resellers of Mantic Clutch services.
- organisations involved in a sale/transfer of Mantic Clutch’ assets, business or shares
- to assist government or regulatory authorities or police.
- as we are required by law, for example pursuant to a subpoena.
Maintaining personal information quality
Mantic Clutch strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date records. To facilitate this, please let us know if any of your details change. You may update certain personal information through your membership account (if you have one) or contact us at [email protected]. Mantic Clutch may destroy or de-identify personal information once the information is no longer deemed required by the business.
How to access your personal information
You generally have a right to access your personal information, subject to a few exceptions provided by law. If you wish to access your personal information please contact us at [email protected]. Please remember to provide as much detail as you can as this will help us to find the information. There is no charge for this service, however you may be required to verify your identity before any information is released to you. Please note that depending on the volume or nature of the information required, it may take a number of days to fulfil the request.
About security and personal Information
Mantic Clutch takes reasonable steps to protect personal information collected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure. Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, but is generally stored electronically on Mantic Clutch’ sales’ systems.
Transfer of personal information outside of Australia
Dealing with Mantic Clutch anonymously
You may deal with Mantic Clutch anonymously by using a pseudonym, unless Mantic Clutch is required or authorised by law to deal only with an identified person, or it is impracticable for us to respond to you if you have not identified yourself.
What if you don't provide personal information?
If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, Mantic Clutch may not be able to provide you with the full range of Mantic Clutch services.
Mantic Clutch website, Linked Sites and personal information
When you visit a website or use an application on the Mantic Clutch website and associated sites, Mantic Clutch records anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring url, and other referral information, device information and location, carrier, site interactions such as your access to website features, pages accessed, content, searching activities, lead submission, and files accessed and downloaded, type of browser and operating system.
Such information collected by Mantic Clutch may be linked to other information Mantic Clutch holds about a user, compiling a complete profile about Mantic Clutch users’ browsing activities on the Mantic Clutch website and associated sites.
Mantic Clutch may use third party advertising companies to collect data and/or serve ads when you visit the Mantic Clutch website and associated sites. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to websites in order to provide advertisements about good and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, visit http://networkadvertising.org
Mantic Clutch uses "cookies" and other methods to collect and store the information set out above. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires (this may be as little as 30 days or up 2 years, or longer in some cases). Cookies may be used by Mantic Clutch or by service providers engaged by Mantic Clutch to provide you with the full range of services it offers, remember your preferences, remember the sites you visit on the Mantic Clutch website and associated sites, measure and analyse usage of the Mantic Clutch website and associated sites for security. Persistent cookies may be used to identify the sites you visit on the Mantic Clutch website and associated sites and to personalise the advertising that you see when you make future visits to those sites or other sites or platforms. Cookie data may be sold, licensed or otherwise provided to third parties for sale via advertising exchanges for this purpose. You may adjust your Internet browser settings to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled Mantic Clutch may not be able to provide you with the full range of Mantic Clutch services.
How this policy changes
This policy may change over time. All changes will be published on this website.